This was made for when the fishermen came back from fishing , they were quite hungry and dinner had to be ready in minutes. For this reason, some natives will tell you it does not have the cooked potatoes. Still I like it.
This is a fresh salad – it contains protein and is best eaten with a fresh baguette.
Assemble all Ingredients in a big bowl:
- Fried fresh slices of tuna fish
- Hard boiled eggs cut in slices or quarters
- Ripe and firm red tomatoes cut in slices or quarters
- Greek olives
- Sliced green pepper
- Sliced small cucumber
- Sliced shallot or green onion
- Fresh small fava beans if in season
- Fresh sliced small artichoke hearts if in season
- Cut up fresh parsley and basil
- For the vinaigrette salad dressing:
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 soup spoon red wine vinegar or fresh lemon juice.
- 6 Soup spoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper
Add fresh crushed rosemary if you wish!